Welcome to Pat's Art Blog

I intend to use this blog as an art diary to keep track of my readings, research, art exhibitions and art projects.

Monday, February 8, 2010

The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art at Sarasota Bay, Florida

The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art at Sarasota Bay, near Bradenton and a few miles from Tampa,Florida
 If the name seems to ring a bell think Circus. 
Visited the Art Museum in this fabulous complex of grounds and buildings.  Amazing groups of paintings from 1300's to modern day;huge cartoons by Reubens for tapestries, work by Goya, Archimbaldo, Titian, Gainsborough,  van Dyke, I cannot remember all the work I saw, so much to take in in a few hours. A feast for the eyes.  A big surprise were early representational paintings by Marcel Duchamp, densely layered paint.
I had visited this gallery twice before, but it is still a joy to enter it again. Will return.
Click on the sub heading to go to Ringling Museum website

No comments: