Welcome to Pat's Art Blog

I intend to use this blog as an art diary to keep track of my readings, research, art exhibitions and art projects.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Stones of Bray cont'd

I am working on pencil drawings of particular stones that I have picked up Naylor's Cove.  I am thinking of how I might interpret them into print and painting.  I also have drawn versions of Oldhamia, the fossil found on Bray Head, which I have etched and put into printing.  I want to include ideas of how the geology around Bray was formed, the quartz-rock, the Cambrian shale and slates, the granite moraines, .  Furthermore I want to press the idea further looking at some of the manmade stones around Bray, the monuments, the ruined churches, ancient walls.  Keep in mind that I am in the beginning stages of this project, so I am taking a broad view right now, working my way through various media and thought processes too.


Monument  mixed media, (ink drawing on pieces of The Bray People)

1 comment:

Pat Hogan said...

Is it possible to get a copy of this much sought after book.
Regards

Patrick Hogan (Australia)
patrick.hogan@optusnet.com